2007-01-20

Gaining Face

I'm not quite a nubie any more, so I've been working on my appearance. The first step was to get some better hair.

[rant] Do you know how hard it is to find decent male hair, especially for an older avatar? As in Real Life, 95% of the stores are geared for those of the female persuasion. Us Y-chromosome types are relegated to a couple of vendors in a back corner. Of the basement.

To be honest, there are a few good men's stores out there, but even they didn't have what I was looking for in hairstyle. [end rant]

I finally find something acceptable in SL Exchange, the Brits Brandon Varvatos style. It took (and is still taking) some restyling to get it to work right on my particular head, but copy and mod are enabled. I haven't quite gotten the appearance I want, but I could learn to like this look.


I do look rather grizzled, though -- I've noticed that AV children run away screaming whenever I TP in.

No comments: